We are very pleased to invite you to apply for the S-STEM Scholar scholarship. This prestigious scholarship, funded by the National Science Foundation, is for academically gifted students with awards up to a maximum of $8,000 per year, based on financial need. The scholarships are for students who are planning to pursue a career in STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), are incoming transfer students who have been accepted to CSUSB and has selected to major in one of the following fields of study:
- Computer Science/Engineering
- Geological Sciences
- Full-time enrollment (minimum 12 units per quarter) at CSUSB with a declared major inBiology, Chemistry/Biochemistry, Computer Science/Engineering, Geological Sciences,Mathematics, or Physics.
- Transfer cumulative GPA must be 3.0 or higher.
- Evidence of financial need, as determined by the Office of Financial Aid at CSUSB.
- Must be a citizen of the United States, National of the United States (as defined in section 101 (a)of the Immigration and Nationality Act), alien admitted as refugee under Section 207 of theImmigration and Nationality Act, or alien lawfully admitted to the United States for permanentresidence at the time of submitting your application.
- Must have a demonstrated interest in science and in actively pursuing a career in either scientificresearch, industry or in teaching science in one of the STEM disciplines (Biology,Chemistry/Biochemistry, Computer Science/Engineering, Geological Sciences, Mathematics, andPhysics).
For Fall 2017 awards, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible. To apply, please click S-STEM Scholar application.
The deadline: The deadline for the application and all supporting documents is extended to Monday, May 15th, 2017.